Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pajama Dance

People keep blogging about other people wearing pajamas to school.

The only thing I have to say to that is: why the fuck do you care. 

Normally I wouldn't deem this with a 400 word post, but I'm also a little bit desperate and I have to pop out like five more of these babies before Ayer's notices the lack of posts and their sub-par quality.

But really, this topic is somewhat relevant. "No. Just no," both posts ordered. How about, it's actually really none of my business but I'm going to tell people how they can and can't live their lives because for some reason having an opinion on this topic gives me authority to impose my personal ideas down onto them, even though they have not made any personal attack on me nor have asked me for my opinion. 

Now, I understand the importance of dressing nice and presenting your self correctly in the appropriate situations and environment. Looking like you've got your shit together makes other people think you've got your shit together. Employers are more likely to pick out someone who looks nice compared to someone who wears sweats in a job interview because it shows that the person took the time to look decent--a sign of respect and consideration of their opinion towards you.

But I also don't think that there is any place for you to tell other people what to do. People aren't ignorant--they understand their social expectations and the appropriate outfit decisions depending on their situation. Just because somehow dresses how you don't want them to doesn't mean you can make them stop. You have your own philosophy on life, they have theirs, and are probably just as content with theirs as you are with yours. And their probably not being dickheads about it, running around telling other people that they have to wear pajama pants simply because they do.

People's clothes are a faucet of expression. Pajama pants say: I don't care. And what's wrong with that? Maybe they don't. You don't know. You can judge a person on their appearance, but if you judge solely on that, then I feel sorry for you. The best people are always hard to find.

I understand that there is some good intention in their efforts, but like the Jehovah Witnesses that roam around the suburbs, trying to save as many souls as they possibly can with the Word of Jehovah, there good intention is simply unwanted. Unless someone asks you for your opinion, it's generally best---smart----to keep it to yourself.

Live your own life. You make your own choices. Why do you care about what other people are doing if it's not affecting you? I understand in group efforts, where they are trying to make a good impression, that's different, because such a decision is not singular. But does someone in pajama pants make your outfit any worse? Is it really going to ruin your day? Only if you make it. Jesus why do people even care. Having an opinion or a judgment on someone for their outfit is perfectly OK, but when you're on the crusade to ban fucking pajama pants, you care far too much.

Instead of worrying about what other people are wearing....why don't you worry about yourself! There, problem solved, and 556 words done.

No comments:

Post a Comment