Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Upcoming

OK, so I really don't have a lot of time for the in-depth blog posts that I love to do. That's why I'm going to outline what I will do, or have started, or am working on, because if I tell you it might motivate me to actually write them. Also, I am so friggin' desperate for enough blog posts tonight, it's not even funny. My hands are susceptible to fall off by the end of the night after all the shit I'm gonna have to type up. Sorry, paper blog babies, but this blog is actually graded, and a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

I'm currently working on a couple of different pieces. One has to do with education in America and the current cynicism on the real worth of academic success, and how this cynicism is effecting the career choices and school effort teens are putting into their education today. This one's gonna be longggggg. I'm excited for it. I want to have lots of different sources for it, like economics professors and sociology professors brought in to talk about it. As a teen, this issue is super important to me---and I think it would be important to parents, too. People are concerned, more now than ever, about their future. I think it was about 53% of all college grads can't live on their own after college, now? I can't remember the exact fact, so don't quote me on that.

The next is a piece about stalking. As someone who has been stalked before, I can really relate to this piece. Stalking is a huge and incredibly serious problem. And it's fucking scary, too. The number of women I know who have been stalked or been monitored by other men--like they own them, or want to possess them, like they'e not a human being with the right to exercise their own choices---is terrifying. Unfortunately, I have far too many sources I could write about in this issue. Mostly I'm going to focus on personal accounts, why men act the way they do, the difference in male and female stalkers and how society views and treats them, what can be done to resolve the issue, and how we address it to men who don't take it seriously. Security and safety are the main thing to address as a human right--and when stalkers do what stalkers do, they rip that away from women. So yeah, it needs to be wrote about. Because their is a tremendous silence, I feel, on this issue. That, or it's simply mocked at.

So that's what is upcoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment